These are the best recommendations to follow:
- Plan your kayaking excursions. Ideally, you should plan them with time and take into account the following to do so:
- Consult the weather (meteorological information). It is very important that you check the weather before going out to sea, because if it is a very bad day, the sea could be very rough and navigating will be very difficult without experience, you could even have a scare.
- Take into account your physical shape and limitations, which is always another aspect to take into account when doing a risky sport like kayaking. It is important that you are well trained and have some experience before entering into the adventure.
- Avoid navigating in the open sea. This is very dangerous, so avoid it altogether, especially in bad weather conditions.
- Inform someone of your getaway and schedule. It is crucial that someone else knows you will be kayaking in the sea, for your safety.
- Water and food.
- Emergency equipment, such as flashlights, lamps, flares, first aid kit and a basic repair kit. Don't leave your life jacket behind.
- Make sure everything is in working order. Nothing ever happens until it does, so it's important to make sure everything is in working order. Even if it takes a little time, it's very important to make sure that not only are you carrying all the right stuff, but that it will work in case something happens.
- Sail accompanied and with everything you need. It is important that you navigate in company, especially if you are a beginner in sea kayaking. It is important that someone is that you are going to embark and do not do it with open or rough sea, because it is very dangerous and if you go alone and do not have knowledge, you could have a bad experience.
Now that you are an expert in sea kayaking recommendations, it's time to look for your ideal kayak, check out our selection of KAYAKS here.